The Manufacturing Academy is an industry-driven program at Catawba Valley Community College, developed by 25 partner companies from across Catawba County, and designed to prepare students for manufacturing positions currently in high demand by many of the region’s largest employers.
Students that complete this program will be fast-tracked for open positions with sponsoring companies.
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Funds Scholarship is available for this program.
The course introduces students to the basic concepts of manufacturing and careers with local companies. Program modules include:
- Manufacturing Overview (42 Hours)
- Problem Solving (9 Hours)
- Math and Measurements (24 Hours)
- Teamwork and Communication (9 Hours)
- Safety (12 Hours)
- Introduction to Lean/Continuous Improvement/TQM/Six Sigma Overview and ISO Certifications (9 Hours)
To find out more about the program, register for the class, and learn about scholarship opportunities please contact:
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4294
Local companies involved in creating and supporting the Manufacturing Academy include:
- AdvancePierre Foods
- Bernhardt Furniture Company
- Century Furniture
- CommScope Inc.
- Medium Rare Strategy
- Full Metal Chicken
- Geiger International
- GKN Driveline
- Lee Industries
- Lexington Home Brands
- McKinley Leather
- Performance Foodservice Roma IFH
- Plastic Packaging
- Punker Inc.
- Roll-Tech Molding Products LLC
- RPM Wood Finishes Group
- Sherrill Furniture
- Steele Rubber Products
- Sutter Street, Williams Sonoma
- United Beverages of NC
- Vanguard Furniture
- ZF Chassis Components