Apply Now for CVCC Admission
CVCC is responding to the evolving situation with COVID-19 by modifying the application activation process until further notice.
Degree seeking students: To activate your application, please send ONE email to email@example.com with the following:
- A cell phone photo of your driver’s license
- A request to activate by distance; and
- Indicate the term you wish to start:
- Spring 2021 (February 1 – May 13) - Institutional Calendar
- Spring 2021 Intersession 2 (May 3 – May 31; online 4 week courses)
- Spring 2021 Flex Start Schedule (Feb 8 or March 29 start dates)
- Summer 2021 – (Full session June 1-July 27)
- Summer 2021 Alexander Center Schedule
- Intersession 1 (June 1- 30: online 4 week courses)
- Intersession 2 (July 5 - Aug 3: online 4 week courses)
- Fall 2021 (August 16 – mid December) - AVAILABLE NOW
- Complete the 3 Steps below: Residency, Application, and FAFSA
Note: CVCC must receive your application and activation request and/or course request email at least five (5) business days before the start date of the course(s) you wish to take. Consult the semester schedule to determine course start dates.
A member of our staff will acknowledge your request as soon as possible with additional information by email.
Visiting/Special Credit students who wish to take courses at CVCC to transfer to another college/university do not have to visit Student Services. Visiting students should follow instructions found at Visiting Student Enrollment.
Step 1: Residency
Complete NC Residency Determination to receive your 10 digit Residency Certification Number (RCN.) Residency Determination establishes your tuition cost (in state or out of state.) If you already have an RCN, check your expiration date at NC Residency Determination.
Step 2: Apply Online
Complete the entire CVCC Application. Be sure to click “FINISH THE APPLICATION” when finished. Within 24 hours, you will receive a CVCC email confirming receipt of your Application. The confirmation email also contains important next steps to activate your Application. Applications remain on file for one year after submission.
Step 3: Free application for federal student Aid (FAFSA)
All degree seeking students should submit the FAFSA to determine financial aid eligibility. Many scholarship applications require FAFSA submission. The FAFSA code for CVCC is 005318.
NOTE: In compliance with federal regulations, a student’s valid government issued photo ID is required for all financial aid inquiries. A copy of the ID, or any other kind of photographed image on a cell phone or social media are unacceptable.
Request official transcripts from high school and EVERY college you have EVER attended.
Send your Application activation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, email email@example.com.