Sign up for WorkKeys sessions to prepare for you NC Career Readiness Certificate.
This course provides employability skills training for unemployed and underemployed adults. The Employability Lab offers a variety of services, including:
Students can choose to prepare for the NC Career Readiness Certificate. Students can take the KeyTrain pre-tests, and then will work on the online skill-building lessons to prepare for success in taking the WorkKeys assessments in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information. Students who would like to take the WorkKeys assessment will need to sign up for one of the scheduled WorkKeys sessions. (These sessions are not part of the Employability Lab’s schedule).
This course may be linked either at the beginning of ending of an occupational course.
- Students can choose to build the "perfect" resume.
- Students can choose to search for job openings on NCWorks Online or other job search sites.
Note: This course is open-entry/open-exit during the lab operating hours. Also, students cannot be enrolled in two lab sessions at one time.
Note: The cost for the WorkKeys test to obtain your NC Career Readiness Certificate is $45.00
Course Learning Objectives:
- Students will gain an understanding of the Career Readiness Certification
- Students will learn skills to assist them in successful completion of the Career Readiness Certification
- Students will obtain job seeking skills
- Students will learn job keeping skills
- Students will take a pre-test to demonstrate competency in workplace documents, graphic literacy, and applied math.
- New technology awareness to create your custom career tools
- Gained an understanding of the importance of a resume
- Gathered necessary dates, information, and documents to complete a resume
- Identified appropriate references for a resume
- Accurately completed a resume and cover letter
- Successfully completed an online job application
Class is offered online with rolling admission. Contact Tammy Buff for more information.
Students may satisfy the competency testing prerequisite in our online Employability Lab for both Nurse Aid I and Phlebotomy. Exemptions to this requirement are considered if a candidate has completed any of the below:
- Completed a college level English course
- Successfully passed a college entry exam.
- Completed the WorkKeys exam with a score of 3 on each test component.
Proof of the above exemptions will be required upon registration. Students requiring competency testing will be asked to take the WorkKeys Curriculum pre-test. Study materials will be provided to assist in successful completion.
Contact Tammy Buff for more information.