SECU Bridge to Careers Scholarship Program
SECU Foundation established the SECU Bridge to Career Programs to remove financial barriers for students seeking to obtain state-regulated or industry-recognized credentials through the Workforce Continuing Education Division of their local Community College that lead to sustainable wage careers within their local communities.
SECU Bridge to Careers Program
$500 scholarships available that apply to one of 3 Pathways.
- Sewing or Manual Cutting - Catawba Valley Furniture Academy
- CNA-I - School of Health and Public Services
To be considered for this scholarship program, a student must
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident.
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed or underemployed adults, military veterans and spouses, or a member of the NC National Guard. NOTE: Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning 200% below the federal poverty level ($25,520/year). Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program 96-hours or more that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education.
- Not be a Director, employee or family member of an employee of the State Employee’s Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
Use of Scholarship Funds
Scholarship funds will be made payable to the local community college on behalf of the student and applied to the student’s account to pay for registration fees, books, certification fees, and course supplies. Excess funds may be distributed to the student to pay for expenses such as childcare, transportation, and living expenses. To be eligible for excess funds, a student must demonstrate satisfactory progress towards course completion.
Scholarship Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
Catawba Valley Community College
firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 327-7000 ext. 4294