Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and the CVCC Beta Eta Delta Chapter
Welcome to the CVCC Beta Eta Delta Chapter!
Beta Eta Delta is Catawba Valley Community College’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa International. Chartered on February 27, 1998, our chapter is a member of the Carolinas Region.
Don't miss out on meeting with the Beta Eta Delta chapter here at CVCC!
Today, Phi Theta Kappa is the largest honor society in American higher education with more than 2 million members and 1,200 chapters located in all 50 of the United States, US territories, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Germany, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, United Arab Emirates, and Palau.
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold: 1) recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and (2) provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programming.
To be eligible for membership:
- you must be enrolled in a regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program
- you must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible)
- you must generally have a grade point average of 3.5
- you must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled
- you must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
- Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- Official seal of Phi Theta Kappa placed on your college diploma (contingent on college policy)
- Notation of membership on your college transcript (contingent on college policy)
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa commencement regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies (contingent on college policy)
- Press release announcing your academic achievement
- $37 million in scholarship opportunities for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of nearly 3 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,285 campuses worldwide
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits, financial offers, and member discount offers from Phi Theta Kappa Corporate Partners such as GEICO and Bank of America
I Am PTK
Chad Ledford, CVCC PTK Member
I joined PTK because it is a great organization that not only recognizes me for my academic achievements but also rewards me for them. I am planning to transfer to a four-year university, and I am all about scholarships. I have found some colleges that give monies to students because they are a member, in good standing, of an honor society. But first and foremost, PTK at CVCC does great things for great organizations, such as Relay for Life. I am the President of the Circle K International (CKI) club at CVCC also, and the two pair so well together. Both PTK and CKI, revolve around Service, Leadership, and Fellowship and that is what originally got me interested in Phi Theta Kappa. The scholarships are just a result of my hard work and dedication.
Find us on Facebook!