Federal Work-Study provides need-based employment to eligible students.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federal program, funded through the US Department of Education, to provide need-based employment for college students. CVCC offers employment opportunities in various areas around campus to eligible students who wish to earn money while attending college. On average, students may work 10 – 15 hours per week at a rate of $13.00 per hour.
To be considered for a Federal Work-Study award, students must:
- Complete the FAFSA and submit any follow-up documents required to determine financial need.
- Meet federal and institutional student aid eligibility requirements. Some positions may have additional requirements.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (minimum 2.0 GPA and 67% Pace)
- Be currently enrolled or pre-registered for coursework in a Title IV eligible program at CVCC for the current or upcoming semester.
- Be in good standing with any educational loans, grants, or scholarships per the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS).
To apply for Federal-Work Study, please submit a CVCC Federal Work-Study Application (PDF) to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. For more information regarding the Federal Work-Study program please read the Federal Work-Study Handbook (PDF).
For a list of available Federal Work study positions, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at ext. 4860 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Forms
Types of Financial Aid
Alternative Loan Information
Financial Aid and Campus Store
Financial Aid Census Dates
Return of Title IV Funds
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Clock Hour Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Net Price Calculator