Cosmetology School Salon Policy
New Salon policy effective 11/01/2022
Thank you for visiting our student salon. We strive to provide a professional and positive learning environment for our students. We are also committed to the safety and health of our students, faculty, staff, and clients. CVCC Cosmetology and the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts require all students to receive training on blood exposure, disinfection procedures, personal protective equipment, and Safety Data Sheets prior to performing services on live clients. Safety Data Sheets are prepared by the manufacturer on all chemicals and products used in the CVCC Cosmetology school and are available in our salon. To ensure the greatest possible protection against chemicals, sprays, dusts, fumes, and vapors, clients may request safety glasses and/or a surgical mask during their salon visit.
Please review the following items below:
This is a school and training environment with all services performed by Cosmetology School students under the instruction and supervision of a qualified, licensed educator. Services may take longer or need to be modified in order to accommodate the individual student’s level.
- All clients are required to read and sign the CVCC Cosmetology Consultation Form and the Salon Policy.
- All students are required to conduct and complete a consultation form specific to the client’s requested service.
- Food and drink are NOT allowed on the clinic floor. Special consideration will be given to clients who require assistance or supervision.
- Only clients receiving a service are allowed on the clinic floor. Special consideration will be given to clients who require assistance or supervision.
- Personal items are not allowed to be placed or stored on or in a student’s station. Clients are required to keep personal items with them at all times. Students are not allowed to assist clients with personal items.
- All children must be supervised at all times by an adult NOT receiving a service.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of any particular student during any scheduled or walk-in appointments. All services must be pre-approved by an instructor.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment without notice, your service will be treated as a walk-in and student and/or service availability is not guaranteed.
- If you miss three scheduled appointments without notice, you will no longer be allowed to schedule appointments, but are welcome to come in for services as a walk-in.
- Please do not bring any additional guests to your appointment unless they are receiving a service.
Please remember this is a Cosmetology School and our student salon is a classroom and learning environment for our students.
All CVCC Cosmetology School visitors will abide by this policy. A signature form will be presented to you upon arrival or prior to your appointment.