Catawba Valley Community College and UNC Charlotte Transfer Partnership
When you become 49erNext student, you will be guaranteed to be admitted to UNC Charlotte to obtain a bachelor’s degree after you complete an eligible associate degree at Catawba Valley Community College. Students must earn the required GPA as well. This unique program also promotes student success by offering collaborative advising that helps students progress toward timely degree completion, coordinated financial aid processes, career advising, and opportunities to develop financial literacy skills.
As a 49erNext student, you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Guided transfer pathways for intended majors/programs at UNC Charlotte
- Academic advising and career services support at CVCC
- 49er athletic event student tickets
- UNC Charlotte recreation center access
- UNC Charlotte library access
- CATS All-Transit pass (for light rail and bus access)
- Financial aid/FAFSA workshops
- Major and career exploration workshops
Learn more about the 49erNext program at UNC Charlotte.
- Preferably be a first time, full-time college student
- Be a high school graduate
- Be pursuing an AA, AS, or AE degree
- Students must complete the CVCC application for admission before completing the 49erNext Interest Form step.
- Complete the Catawba Valley Community College 49erNext Interest Form
- Be pursuing a major offered at UNC Charlotte, except Architecture or Nursing. (Please talk to a Student Services advisor at CVCC if you wish to pursue any of these excluded majors to learn about other transfer pathways to UNC Charlotte.)
Requirement to transfer to UNC Charlotte
- Complete an associate degree at Catawba Valley Community College and maintain a cumulative 2.0 minimum GPA (requirements will vary for competitive majors)
- Complete UNC Charlotte admission application and send all required transcripts by set deadlines
- Participate in the Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) program before first semester at UNC Charlotte
To Remain in the 49erNext program
- Participate in mandatory advising each semester while enrolled at Catawba Valley Community College
- Remain in good academic standing
- Submit "intended major" to Catawba Valley Community College/49erNext Coordinator at the completion of 30 transfer credit hours
GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the partnering community college from which the student graduates. Earn an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Engineering. Associate in Applied Science degrees are not transferable unless part of an approved bilateral agreement. Nursing and Architecture majors are excluded from the 49erNext program.
As participants in the 49erNext program, students are eligible to transfer into more than 75 undergraduate degree programs (130+ majors) at UNC Charlotte. While completion of the program requirements guarantees admission to UNC Charlotte, it does not guarantee admission into more selective degree programs. Some degree programs may have higher GPA and/or other admission requirements to be considered.
Take the next Step
Complete the 49erNext Interest Form
Request more Information
For more information concerning the 49erNext program, please contact:
Jeff D. Penley, J.D.
Special Advisor and Senior Professor for Technical and University Transfer Programs
828-327-7000, Extension 4310