The Furniture Academy at CVCC prepares students for high demand jobs in the furniture industry.
The Catawba Valley Furniture Academy is an industry-driven training program designed by local furniture manufacturers to prepare students for skilled positions that are in high demand by one of the region's largest employers.
We have two very highly regarded Furniture Academies: Catawba Valley Furniture Academy, which started in 2014 and the Alexander Furniture Academy, which started in the summer of 2016.
» View Workforce Development Class Schedule for dates.
Founding Industry Partners:
What does the program provide to its students?
- Explore Specific Career Paths: Plant tours, career previews, and assessments help students determine best career options.
- Hands-on Training: Students acquire critical skills through hands-on training in our simulated furniture manufacturing facility.
- Quality Instruction: Learn from experienced craftsmen from our local industries.
- High Pay/High Demand Jobs: Train for lucrative career opportunities today.
The program offers a series of classes including:
- Furniture Fundamentals
- Pattern Making
- Manual Cutting
- Automated Cutting
- Introduction to Upholstery
- Spring Up
- Inside Upholstery
- Outside Upholstery
In the News
» CNBC: Furniture makers see a boom in business, and team up to find workers to meet the demand
» CNBC: Luxury sales slump, it's all about "FANGU", ESG investing and where the furniture jobs are (Skip to 9:00 minutes to see furniture story)
|American Home Furnishings Alliance
City of Newton
Dimension Wood Products
Haworth Health Environments
For scholarships, candidates must bring either: (1) current US government issued photo ID and birth certificate or (2) passport. This requirement is only for those candidates requesting scholarship assistance.
To find out more about the program, register for the class, and learn about scholarship opportunities, please contact: