The Testing Center offers the TEAS and CLEP exams. TEAS testing required by the Allied health programs may have limited seating.
Students applying to Allied Health programs must meet all minimum requirements as set forth by their respective program of interest.
The Nursing, Radiography, Respiratory Therapy, Dental Hygiene and Surgical Technology programs require students to take the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) as one component of their minimum requirements.
Allied Health entrance exams require an appointment. Seating is limited, advanced planning is highly suggested to meet program deadlines; please do not wait until your deadline month to schedule a test.
The Campus Bookstore offers TEAS study manuals.
The TEAS exam is administered to applicants of the Nursing, Radiography, Respiratory Therapy, and Surgical Technology programs.
TEAS exam scores are one part of the criteria used for the selection process of determining students accepted into the healthcare programs.
The TEAS exam measures a student’s abilities in the following academic areas:
- English and Language Usage
Things to Know About Taking the TEAS
- The TEAS exam has a $75 non-refundable fee payable to the East Campus Business Office. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted. When paying with cash, exact change is required. Your receipt must be presented to us on test day.
- A photo ID will be required prior to taking the exam.
- Total test time is 209 minutes (which is 3.48 hours). However, to account for instruction time plan to be here for four (4) hours.
Note: Please call Testing Center for available dates and times.
Schedule your ATI TEAS test by contacting the Testing Center: (828) 327-7000, ext. 4048.
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- CVCC is an approved College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) test site.
- We offer all 33 CLEP exams currently available through College Board.
- Students are encouraged to visit the CLEP website to learn more details about this program and to access the tutorial and registration video.
- Please call the Testing Center at (828) 327-7000, ext. 4048 to schedule a CLEP proctoring appointment
- Create an account by following the prompts on the CLEP website to register and purchase the desired CLEP exam.
- Print a copy of the test ticket and registration receipt and bring to your testing appointment—without the ticket and registration number, we are unable to administer the test.
- The Testing Center charges a $25 fee to proctor the CLEP test that has been purchased from College Board. Students may pay the proctoring fee at the East Campus Business Office and must present the receipt on test day.
- The Testing Center is located on CVCC's East Campus: 2760 US Highway 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602.
- Student must bring valid government issued photo ID in order to test.
- A successful score on the CLEP exam does not guarantee course credit. CLEP credit granting policies can vary from institution to institution, so students should investigate the CLEP credit granting policies of each receiving institution.