Welcome To CVCC Small Business Center
Our mission is to help new businesses get started and to help existing small businesses expand, increasing the number of businesses and jobs in our community. When you start up--and grow--a profitable business, you make a positive impact on the economic health of our region. Our job is to provide you every possible resource.
Programs & Services
We offer a wide array of programs and services:
- One-on-One Confidential Business Counseling to assist you with business planning, licenses and permits, and more. To schedule a confidential counseling session, click on the Request for Counseling form link. »Request for Counseling
- Seminars on Starting and Growing a Small Business
- Stand-alone seminars for new businesses and start-ups. Check out our Seminar page.
- Targeted Referrals to Local & Regional Partners
- Networking Events
- Ready access to the Center, the College and Community Resources
No-Cost to Attend
The Small Business Center Network is funded through a grant from the state of North Carolina, so counseling services and training seminars are available at no cost.
For information and seminar registrations, call:
828-327-7000, ext 4117
For counseling services, program and course questions, call:
828-327-7000, ext 4102
The Small Business Center is in the CVCC Corporate Development Center which is located between the Main Campus and the East Campus at 2664 Highway 70 in Hickory (in the old Ryan's Steakhouse building, across street from Aaron's Rentals)
The GPS address is 2601 21st St. Dr. SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Statewide Network of Services
The Small Business Center at CVCC is one of 58 centers that comprise the Small Business Center Network of the North Carolina Community College System. Each is charged with providing high-quality, readily-accessible information, education, counseling and referrals.
Small Business Centers are funded in part by the local college, in part by local governments, and in part by state tax dollars. The North Carolina Community College Systems is the parent organization for Small Business Centers. They exist to help you gain access to the knowledge and skills you need to become and remain a successful business owner.