Small Business Center
When you start up--and grow--a profitable business, you make a positive impact on the economic health of our region. Our job is to provide you every possible resource. Your job is to take a chance, become an entrepreneur!
Programs & Services
We offer a wide array of programs and services:
- Seminars on Starting and Growing a Small Business
- Courses of Study in Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Financial Management
- One-on-One Confidential Counseling. To schedule a confidential counseling session for help planning your business start-up or expansion, click on the Request for Counseling form link. »Request for Counseling
- Targeted Referrals to Local & Regional Partners
- Mentoring Programs
- Networking Events
- Ready access to the Center, the College and Community Resources
You can attend many of our seminars and utilize our counseling & referral services, cost free. However, certificate programs, courses and special events are market driven and priced accordingly.
For information and seminar registrations, call:
828-327-7000, ext 4117
For counseling services, program and course questions, call:
828-327-7000, ext 4102
The Small Business Center is in the
CVCC Corporate Development Center
which is located between the Main Campus and the East Campus
at 2664 Highway 70 in Hickory
(in the old Ryan's Steakhouse building, across street
from Aaron's Rentals)
The GPS address is 2601 21st St. Dr. SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Statewide Network of Services
The Small Business Center at CVCC is one of 58 centers that comprise the Small Business Center Network of the North Carolina Community College System. Each is charged with providing high-quality, readily-accessible information, education, counseling and referrals.
Small Business Centers are funded in part by the local college, in part by local governments, and in part by state tax dollars. The North Carolina Community College Systems is the parent organization for Small Business Centers. They exist to help you gain access to the knowledge and skills you need to become and remain a successful business owner.