human resources development
Pathways to Career Readiness Certificate
This course provides employability skills training for unemployed and underemployed adults. The curriculum framework is based on a specific job goal (Career Readiness Certification). Students will take the KeyTrain pre-tests, and then will work on the online skill-building lessons to prepare for success in taking the WorkKeys assessments in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information. Students who score high enough on the WorkKeys assessment will have an opportunity to obtain a Bronze, Silver, or Gold CRC Certification. Career skills will be addressed utilizing the KeyTrain Career Skills curriculum. This course may be linked either at the beginning or ending of an occupational course.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Students will gain an understanding of the Career Readiness Certification
- Students will learn skills to assist them in successful completion of the Career Readiness Certification
- Students will obtain job seeking skills
- Students will learn job keeping skills
- Students will take a pre-test to demonstrate competency in Reading for Information, Locating Information, and Applied Mathematics
- Students who score high enough will take the WorkKeys assessment during the last two days of the course
CVCC Alexander Center for Education (ACE)
There is currently no Pathways to CRC course scheduled.
For information, contact:
828-327-7000, ext. 4819