human resources development
Pathways to Certified Nursing Assistant
This course provides employability skills training for unemployed and underemployed adults. The content of instructional materials is based on a specific occupation (Nurse Aide I) and addresses one or more of the following topics: Career exploration, skill awareness, job search awareness and research of the occupation.
Course Learning Outcomes:
By completion of class, at a minimum, students will have:
- Students will gain an understanding of the roles and duties of a Nurse Aide I.
- Students will take a pre-test to demonstrate competency in reading and vocabulary.
- Students will research the occupation of Nurse Aide I to make an informed career choice.
- Students will explore the Job Search component of Career Skills.
- Students will prepare a complete resume.
- Students will utilize internet search for occupational purposes.
- Students will gain and strengthen math and measurement skills.
NOTE: Pathways to CNA is offered at three locations during the school year. Please find the location that will best suit you.
Locations: CVCC’s East Campus, CVCC’s Alexander Center, and Goodwill (Conover)
CVCC East Campus
|06/02/14 - 06/05/14||Mon. - Thurs.||8:00am - 2:30pm*||ASU 1112|
|07/07/14 - 07/10/14||Mon. - Thurs.||8:00am - 2:30pm*||ASU 1112|
|08/04/14 - 08/07/14||Mon. - Thurs.||8:00am - 2:30pm *||ASU 1112|
*8:00 am - 2:30 pm classes have a 30 minute lunch break
CVCC Alexander Center
Jul. 8, 9, 10
15, 16, 17
|Tue, Wed, Thu||5:00pm - 9:00pm||Alexander Center/TBA|
Goodwill Industries (Conover)
June 17, 18, 19,
24, 25, 26
|Tue, Wed & Thu||5:00pm - 9:00pm||Goodwill Industries|