The North Carolina Back-to-Work
Training Program for Long-Term Unemployed
What is North Carolina Back-to-Work Program?
It is a North Carolina Back-to-Work grant from the North Carolina Community Colleges System funded by the NC General Assembly and NC Department of Commerce Division of Workforce Solutions. The grant was provided to help long-term unemployed find employment and new careers.
How do you qualify?
- Under-employed earning at or below $22,980 per year (individual)
- Military or Veteran
- Member of North Carolina National Guard
Are you in need of financial assistance for training?
NC community colleges received limited grant money for the back-to-work initiative. The funds will go toward tuition and supplies to help provide job training and re-training for those who qualify. This program involves short-term training resulting in a third party, industry recognized credential.
Participants can receive:
- Job training and re-training in technical fields
- Renewal of employability skills and will obtain the NC Career Readiness Certificate
- Third-party industry recognized credentials
Funded by the state of North Carolina through June 30, 2014.