CVCC Testing Center
CVCC is an approved College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) test site. We offer all 33 CLEP exams currently available through College Board.
Students are encouraged to visit the CLEP website to learn more details about this program and to obtain study materials.
- Students may select the above website link to create an account, select an exam, pay for the exam and print the Ticket ID/Voucher.
- To schedule a CLEP testing appointment, contact the Testing Center at 828-327-7000, Ext. 4138.
Students should bring the following items on the scheduled test date:
1. A copy of the Ticket ID/Voucher;
2. A proctoring fee of $25.00 cash or a personal check payable to "CVCC" for $25.00; and
3. Two forms of Identification:
Primary ID - Government issued photo ID, such as a Driver's License
Secondary ID - Must bear either the student's signature or their photo.
A successful score on the CLEP exam does not guarantee course credit. CLEP credit granting policies can vary from institution to institution, so students should investigate CLEP credit granting policies at each receiving institution.
For CVCC students enrolled in an Associate in Arts (AA) or an Associate in Science (AS) program of study, CLEP credit is not included under the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) between NC Community Colleges and the University of North Carolina System. Any course credit granted toward these degrees from CLEP testing will nullify the articulation agreement and may affect transfer standing at the receiving institution.
Prior to testing, students are highly advised to contact the receiving institution to discuss any impact that credit from CLEP testing may have for their situation.