Top Banner


Graduation Questions

What steps do I need to take to apply for Graduation?

  • Meet with an Admissions Representative in Student Services to begin the graduation application process.
  • Bring your picture ID with you!
  • Be prepared to pay the $25 nonrefundable graduation fee.

What do I need to know if I plan to take courses at another college and apply them toward my CVCC degree?

  • The college must be a regionally accredited institution.
  • Courses taken must equate to the CVCC courses required for your program of study (major).
  • Grades earned must be a "C" or higher.
  • An official transcript must be submitted to Student Records for evaluation.

What do I need to know if I plan to take my last 15 hours at another college?

  • Permission must be obtained from the Executive Officer of Student Services (or designee).
  • Come to Student Services to start the process.



2550 US HIGHWAY 70 SE • HICKORY, NC • 28602-8302 • 828.327.7000
Updated 06.21.2016: Content Editor