Dream-Believe-Achieve Scholarship Program
For several years, CVCC was proud to provide funding for the Dream-Believe-Achieve Scholarship for 6th grade students from Alexander, Catawba, Hickory City, and Newton Conover School systems. In offering the DBA program, selected students were invited to begin a series of enrichment activities and programming in the fall of their seventh grade year.
Effective October, 2014, CVCC has suspended future support of DBA program.
All previous DBA scholarships awarded to date will be honored, but no new DBA scholars will be selected.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
A review of DBA Scholar responsibilities:
- Participate in two different community service projects per year in the specified region or area (one in the fall and one in the spring);
- Document each project in a portfolio, complete with project description(s) and photos;
- Attend two sessions on the CVCC campus each year where projects are displayed and shared – Current 8th graders (Class of 2019) present on the first Tuesdays of November and April. Current 9th graders (Class of 2019) present on the 2nd Tuesdays of November and April; and
- Maintain a “C” average as documented by the receipt of a report card by CVCC within 10 days of the close of the academic year.)
- Send your Report Card at the end of the year to DBA Scholars.
Service projects should not cost money (or very minimal), but should utilize the Scholar’s creativity, time and effort.