Dream-Believe-Achieve Scholarship Program
For several years, CVCC was proud to provide funding for the Dream-Believe-Achieve Scholarship for 6th grade students from Alexander, Catawba, Hickory City, and Newton Conover School systems. In offering the DBA program, selected students were invited to begin a series of enrichment activities and programming in the fall of their seventh grade year.
Effective October, 2014, CVCC has suspended future support of DBA program.
All previous DBA scholarships awarded to date will be honored, but no new DBA scholars will be selected.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
A review of DBA Scholar responsibilities:• Participate in two different community service projects per year in the specified region or area (one in the fall and one in the spring);
• Document each project in a portfolio, complete with project description(s) and photos;
• Make two presentations about the community service projects - Fall Semester Deadline - December 20, 2015. Spring Semester Deadline - TBA. Fall Presentations can be submitted in the following formats:
1. Create a digital story, video or photo slideshow that presents the project in a professional and creative manner. The video can be up to three minutes long. Post the presentation on Youtube and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If Youtube access is not available, contact Melanie Zimmermann at 828-327-7000, ext. 4598 or email@example.com for Drop Box link.
2. Write a five paragraph paper on your presentation and attach photos, images, etc. to demonstrate what you accomplished. You can submit it via e-mail, fax, USPS or just drop by the DBA office.
3. Present presentation in person. If you would like to present your work to the panel, contact Melanie Zimmermann at 828-327-7000, ext. 4598 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to make presentation.
• Maintain a “C” average as documented by the receipt of a report card by CVCC within 10 days of the close of the academic year.) Send your Report Card at the end of the year to DBA Scholars.
DBA Contact Information:
Melanie Zimmermann, Education Matters Coordinator
2550 Hwy. 70 SE, CAD 118, Hickory, NC 28602
Office: 828-327-7000, Ext. 4598