Individual counseling is available to assist you in your career decision making process. Interests, values, abilities, experiences and personality will be explored to help reveal possible career fields for exploration.
Career counseling can benefit those who are undecided about a college major, those wishing to change careers, and those who are seeking confirmation that a selected career area is right for them.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment for career counseling, please call 828-327-7000, ext. 4806.
Self assessment is one of the first tools used in career counseling and can come in many different forms. The purpose of this assessment is to help you learn more about yourself. Self awareness is the key to making a good career choice. Career assessments available include:
- CFNC Bridges Career Planning Tools- Choices Planner
- Interest, skills, and values assessments to identify your personal career options
- Explore over 650 careers and watch over 400 career videos
- Identify education requirements and school majors
- Create an online portfolio
- Explore your personality preferences and how they relate to career options.
See Related Links for additional career assessment and career resource information
Career related workshops are offered in conjunction with CVCC's classes and on campus events. Workshops are also offered for the community at various times through-out the year. Topics include goal setting, career decision making, resume writing, interviewing, job seeking and keeping, and more. Call for a list of current offerings.
Teresa Ray, Career Counselor
828-327-7000 ext. 4806