Top Banner

Sponsored Students Policies & Procedures

Catawba Valley Community College will accept sponsorship agreements in lieu of payment; however, the student will be responsible for all amounts owed if sponsoring agency does not remit payment in full.

A sponsorship letter of authorization must be on company letterhead and include the student's name, Social Security and/or Student ID number, the sponsor's billing address, contact person, phone number, what charges are covered and any limits on amounts allowed. 

*You must submit a new letter of authorization each semester.*

Employers/sponsors may fax this information directly to the Business Office. Please also fax a current pay stub for the employee if you use this option. Sponsors are invoiced within four (4) weeks after the stated last day to add/drop classes. NC Employers and state agencies are invoiced at the in-state tuition rate. In order to receive the in-state rate, the sponsor must be the student's employer. Employment must be verifiable with a current pay stub showing North Carolina State Income taxes paid/withheld.

Volunteers and contract workers are not considered employees for invoicing situations. Sponsor invoices must be paid with company checks. Personal checks are not acceptable.  

Sponsored Student Procedures:

  1. Ask your Sponsor to fax a "Letter of Authorization" to (828) 624-5240.  We cannot process your sponsorship without the letter from your Sponsor. It is the student's responsibility to make sure the Business Office receives the letter.
  2. Pay any amount due that is not covered by your sponsor when you register.
  3. All sponsorships must be secured and received by the stated payment due date for each semester.  Sponsorship students should plan accordingly by obtaining the sponsor's authorization letter and ensure the Business Office receives it. Any student whose sponsorship is not secured by the payment due date may be deregistered from class, and will then need to reregister for classes.

If you must pay a portion of your tuition and fees (perhaps your sponsor only authorized a certain amount or you may be taking a class that is not being paid by your sponsor), you may pay the remaining balance by the payment due date for each semester.

If you need additional information, please contact Rebecca Gutberlet, Sponsored Billing Technician, at (828) 327-7000 x4033.

2550 US HIGHWAY 70 SE • HICKORY, NC • 28602-8302 • 828.327.7000
Updated 05.11.2016: Content Editor