Enhance your employability--or the chances of being accepted at a four-year institution--by participating in CVCC's prestigious year-round Student Leadership Academy. Application deadline is Sept. 22.
Take part in service learning projects, learn how to develop a professional portfolio, identify your individual leadership traits, learn how to manage conflict productively, develop critical thinking and decision-making skills and enhance your communication skills.
1. Be enrolled in an associate degree program at CVCC.
2. Have clearly demonstrated leadership potential, maturity, and the willingness to accept responsibility in your classes/organizations.
3. Be nominated by CVCC faculty, staff or Administration; or self-nominate by Sept. 15.
4. Complete an application due Sept. 22.
5. Have two (2) references submitted.
• Leadership training that will make you more marketable as you seek employment
• Networking opportunities with college and community leaders
• Leadership resources, including materials, internal and external speakers, and experiential learning activities
• Opportunities to assist with special events at CVCC, such as registration, campus tours, speakers, Preview, graduation ceremonies, etc.
• Opportunity to serve as an intern in Student Services and other areas on campus
• Opportunities to represent the college as a “CVCC Ambassador”
• “CVCC Leadership Symposium” (An event featuring outside speakers where you will be both host and participant) Certificate of Completion to be presented at Awards Day
• Opportunity to be nominated for the NC Community College Student Leadership Program in Raleigh and other leadership awards
• A strong addition to your resume and to your four-year college applications
Enrollment is limited! If applications exceed available slots, interviews will be conducted.
2016-17 Academy Applications Due: September 22
Need more information?
Dr. Dianne Little
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4411
» Nomination Form (PDF) -- Due September 15, 2016
» Self-Nomination Form (PDF) -- Due September 15, 2016
» Application (PDF) -- Due September 22, 2016
» Reference Form (PDF) -- Due September 22, 2016
To view these (PDF) documents you may need to download Free Adobe reader at www.adobe.com.