Leaders aren't always born; sometimes they are formed.
Enhance your employability—or the chances of being accepted at a four-year institution—by participating in CVCC's prestigious year-round Student Leadership Academy. Application deadline is Sept. 22.
Take part in service learning projects, learn how to develop a professional portfolio, identify your individual leadership traits, learn how to manage conflict productively, develop critical thinking and decision-making skills and enhance your communication skills.
To be considered for the Student Leadership Academy, you must:
- Be enrolled in an associate degree program at CVCC.
- Have clearly demonstrated leadership potential, maturity, and the willingness to accept responsibility in your classes/organizations.
- Be nominated by CVCC faculty, staff or Administration; or self-nominate by Sept. 15.
- Complete an application due Sept. 22.
- Have two (2) references submitted.
Benefits of Participation in SLA 2016-2017
- Leadership training that will make you more marketable as you seek employment
- Networking opportunities with college and community leaders
- Leadership resources, including materials, internal and external speakers, and experiential learning activities
- Opportunities to assist with special events at CVCC, such as registration, campus tours, speakers, Preview, graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Opportunity to serve as an intern in Student Services and other areas on campus
- Opportunities to represent the college as a “CVCC Ambassador”
- “CVCC Leadership Symposium” (An event featuring outside speakers where you will be both host and participant) Certificate of Completion to be presented at Awards Day
- Opportunity to be nominated for the NC Community College Student Leadership Program in Raleigh and other leadership awards
- A strong addition to your resume and to your four-year college applications
Enrollment is limited! If applications exceed available slots, interviews will be conducted.
2016-17 Academy Applications Due: September 22
Need more information?
Dr. Dianne Little
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4411
Student Leadership Academy Forms
» Nomination Form (PDF) -- Due September 15, 2016
» Self-Nomination Form (PDF) -- Due September 15, 2016
» Application (PDF) -- Due September 22, 2016
» Reference Form (PDF) -- Due September 22, 2016
To view these (PDF) documents you may need to download Free Adobe reader at www.adobe.com.