HRD - workplace skills
10 Tips for Writing
- Know or visualize your audience.
- Be specific- leave no questions, but be concise.
- Refer to only one subject at a time.
- If urgent, use backup voice mail and red flag.
- Stick to basic typefaces such as Times New Roman and use white background.
- Use conversational tone with proper etiquette and manners.
- Avoid “Flaming” – write a draft, walk away, revise and edit.
- Upper and lower case should be used in all written forms of communication.
- Establish rapport with a salutation and proper closing.
- Avoid using acronyms.