HRD - workplace skills
- Always use ink when filling out an application (blue or black only); do not use pencil.
- Take your own pen ( always have 2 that work).
- Do a complete work history prior to filling out an application, and carry it with you.
- When filling in dates for school, put in the number of years attended, instead of the date (this prevents employer knowing your age).
- Keep the application concise; do not use in depth information.
- Questions regarding: age, race, religion, marital status, and handicap are illegal on the application.
- Pay rate is negotiable (DO NOT TALK YOURSELF OUT OF A SALARY). Sometimes you may put a salary range.
- If a section of the application does not apply to you, put N/A (not applicable). Do not leave blank spaces on the application.
- If you have not received a response in 30 days, FOLLOW UP WITH A PHONE CALL.