The PSB (Psychological Services Bureau) Exam is specifically designed for those students entering education programs for health professions. The PSB Exam is comprised of a series of tests that measure abilities, knowledge, and aptitudes, considered important for successful performance of students in a health program. CVCC offers two forms of the PSB Exam. Radiography applicants take the PSB for Health Occupations and specify Radiography as their program of interest. Applicants applying for more than one medical program may be required to take two PSB exams. The PSB is a timed examination, which carries a non-refundable fee of $30. (Fee is subject to change.)
Following is the series of tests which comprise the PSB Exam:
Academic Aptitude (Verbal, Arithmetic, Non-Verbal)
Information in the Natural Sciences
*Vocational Adjustment Index
(*scores achieved in these areas are not used in the selective admissions process)
Scores achieved in the three areas listed above, will be used for consideration for the Radiography program. The Applicant must achieve a minimum 30th percentile score on each of these areas (Academic Aptitude, Reading Comprehension and Information in the Natural Sciences). Points assigned based upon PSB results are just one of the criteria used for admission into the program. (Results are not pass/fail.)
- Students testing at CVCC must take the PSB Exam by January 31, 2014.
- Students testing at other schools are responsible for making sure the official PSB score report is received by CVCC no later than January 31, 2014. Those students should schedule their tests early enough to allow for 2-4 weeks processing time by PSB.
- Scores prior to January 31, 2011 will not be considered for 2014 admissions.
To take the PSB Exam : The PSB test is given by appointment only during the month of January. Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment.
- Pay the $30 fee in the CVCC Business Office. (The Business Office will provide a receipt of payment.)
- Take the receipt of payment with you to the CVCC Testing Center when you go to take the test. (You will not be allowed to test without the receipt of payment.)
If you have taken the PSB for Health Occupations, for a different medical program, you may be able to have your scores re-normed for Radiography instead of taking the test again. If your scores are over three (3) months old, you must re-test. The charge for having the score re-normed is $30.00, which you pay in the Business Office. (Fee is subject to change.)
Want more information on the PSB?
For additional information and sample questions go to http://www.psbtests.com/.
The Business Office is located directly across from the Administrative Area in the main building. Normal operating hours for the Business Office are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Testing Center is located next door to Student Services. Normal operating hours for the Testing Center are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.