Free College and a Paycheck
Apprenticeship Catawba is an exciting new partnership between local advanced manufacturers, Catawba and Alexander County Schools, and Catawba Valley Community College.
Did you know jobs in Mechatronics and Computer Integrated Machining are in demand?
- Enjoy a career working with robots, computer aided design or electronics?
- Want an opportunity for a college scholarship and NO student loans?
- Want to take a college classes your junior and senior years in high school at no cost to you?
- Want a career that pays well?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, visit the Apprenticeship Catawba Information page.
To qualify for the program, one must be a high school junior with a 3.0 minimum grade point average, have good attendance and pass placement tests. Students must also be recommended by a high school guidance counselor or Career and Technical Education advisor.
Want to learn more about apprenticeship opportunities? Visit the Apprenticeship Catawba Information page.
- National Minimum Wage for US: $7.25 per hour and $15,080 per year
- Minimum Wage in NC: $7.25 per hour and $15,080 per year
- NC School Teacher with Bachelors Degree $35,000 per year
- Police Officer $36,500
Apprenticeship Graduate $34,000
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic $43,000
- Experienced Tool and Die Maker $46,000
- Controls Technician $53,000
- Mechatronics Technician $62,000
Conept Frames, Inc
ZF Chassis Components
NC Community Colleges
Catawba Valley Community College
For more information, contact:
(828) 327-7000, ext. 4501