CVCC Shark Tank 2016 FAQs
- Who can participate?
The 2016 Shark Tank Competition has three Divisions…
- CVCC students, faculty, staff;
- Small Business Center clients; and
- High School students in the 11th & 12th grade. We can work with individual high schools to include additional grades and to tailor individual competitions for schools.
- How do I submit my entry and what is the deadline?
Applications are now open and can be accessed through this link. Deadline for submission TBD. Applications should be scanned and emailed to Jeff Neuville at email@example.com or Gary Muller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact CVCC's Small Business Center at 828-327-7000, ext. 4117 if you have questions.
- How will I know if my entry was received?
You will receive an email confirming your entry, so please make sure your contact information is on your entry prior to submission.
- Where will the event be held?
CVCC students, faculty, staff, and Small Business Center client competitions will be held on Catawba Valley Community College's Main Campus.
High Schools: The first round we recommend be hosted at the sponsoring school. The final competition will be held on CVCC's Main Campus in early May.
- How many students can enter?
There are no limits to how many students can enter. We will work with individual high schools on their school competition with winners participating in a Finals event held on the CVCC Main Campus.
- What do the participants receive?
The top three winners in each category receive cash awards.
- What can contestants look to take away from this event?
Confidence in their own creativity.
Presentation and communication skills
Addition to their academic or business portfolio
Recognition for their participation
High Schools students have the ability to compete against other high schools
Cash prizes for the winners