School of Business, Industry and Technology
BIT Advising Center
What can students expect from advisors?
- Advisors assist you with making educational plans consistent with your goals.
- They also will assist students with accurate information regarding academic policies, procedures, and programs of study.
What do advisors expect from students?
- Get the information you need to take responsibility for course scheduling, program planning, and successful completion of all graduation requirements
- Check your student email
- Maintain your own program check-list
- Register yourself for classes
Who is my advisor?
- If you are not sure who your advisor is:
Follow the following link: » WebAdvisor
- Click on login.
- Provide your login info.
- Under Academic Profile, click on My Profile. Your advisor will be listed under Academic Information.
What is a checklist?
- A checklist is a worksheet that lists the classes you need to take for your major. It also has a place for you to indicate which courses you have taken. It is your map to finishing your degree.
What are my advisor’s office hours?
Follow the link: » Faculty Office Hours
(Link is currently available only when access on campus)
What is the catalog and how do I use it?
- The catalog contains a wealth of information about CVCC and your program of study. It is your handbook to our school. The catalog is divided into four general sections:
a. General Information
b. Program Listings
c. Course Descriptions
- Here is a link to the online catalog: » CVCC Catalog
- If you want a printed copy of the catalog, they are available in the bookstore for purchase.
- Here is a link to a video on how to use the catalog : » Catalog Video
What are prerequisites and corequisites?
- A prerequisite is a class that must be taken before you can take a more advanced course. It is designed to provide you with the skills you need to apply in a subsequent course.
- A corequisite is a class that must be taken in the same term. It is designed to provide you with skills that complement the other course. What are developmental courses? Developmental courses are designed to build the skills you need to succeed in subsequent courses in your educational endeavors. .
What are developmental courses?
- Developmental courses are designed to build the skills you need to succeed in subsequent courses in your educational endeavors.