Spring Intersession is an online intensive four-week class offered at the end of the Spring term: April 29 to May 28, 2020.
Check course offerings on the Semester Schedules. Consult the College Catalog for prerequisites and course descriptions..
For students NEW to CVCC - If you are enrolled at another college/university and wish to take a Spring Intersession course as a visiting student, follow these easy steps before 5:00 PM on Tuesday, April 23, 2020.
Note: You need a working email address you check daily before proceeding with this process. CVCC is not responsible for transfer credit at another school. Make certain any classes you take at CVCC are transferable to your home college. Consult with your academic advisor or registrar at your home college for direction.
Check the status of your Residency Certification Number by visiting NC Residency. Your RCN expiration date has to be after May 26, 2020 (the start date of the summer term.)
If your Residency Certification Number expires before May 26, 2020, you need to apply for a reconsideration. Please go to NC Residency Determination Reconsideration and login. Click on “RECONSIDERATION” at the very bottom of the page and follow directions. Call (844) 319-3640 toll free with questions.
SUBMIT the online CVCC Application for Admission before 5:00 PM on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Choose "Spring 2020" as your entry term and “Special Credit/Visiting Student” as your intended major.
- As soon as you submit the online Application for Admission, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following three items:
- Use your cell phone to take a photo of your driver's license and attach it to your email. The photo must be clear and readable.
- In your email, request the course(s) you wish to take. Include the name and section number of the class you want to take (Example: PSY 150-805).
- Attach a scanned copy or screen shot of your unofficial transcript. Be sure your name is visible on the transcript. Prerequisites courses must be documented from the school transcript where a student took the prerequisite class. Example: A course you want to take at CVCC requires ENG 111 (Freshman Composition) as a prerequisite. You took ENG 111 at a NC community college and you were issued transfer credit for ENG by your 4 year school. We need to see an unofficial copy of your COMMUNITY COLLEGE transcript because that’s where you actually TOOK the class and received a grade.
- Tuition plus applicable fees is due on or before 4:00 PM on Tuesday, April 28, 2020. Visiting students must be prepared to bear all expenses associated with registration; visiting students are not eligible for financial aid from CVCC. Students may pay tuition and fees by cash, check, debit card, or major credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.) Tuition may be paid in person at the CVCC Business Office or online from your MyCVCC Portal. The Business Office is unable to accept credit card payments by telephone..
- Textbooks are not included in tuition. Find out what books you need and how to get them at The Campus Store.
- Visiting students may order an official copy of their CVCC transcript to be sent to their home college/university in mid-June.There are fees for electronic and paper version transcripts.
The College requires five business days to create student online accounts and access to Blackboard. Students need a desktop or laptop computer with dependable Internet and Mozilla Firefox. Do not use Internet Explorer or smart phones for online classes.
Students currently taking classes at CVCC - If you are taking classes at CVCC in the Summer 2019, Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 term(s), you may visit the Advising Center located on the lower level of the Student Services building for information.
Email email@example.com if you have questions.