Network Management prepares students for employment as local area network managers, operators, analysts, and technicians.
The Information Technology (IT) curriculum prepares graduates for employment in the technology sector as designers, testers, support technicians, system administrators, developers, or programmers who use computer software and\or hardware to design, process, implement and manage information systems in specialties such as database services, security, business intelligence, healthcare informatics and others depending on the technical path selected within this curriculum.
Course work includes development of a student’s ability to create, store, communicate, exchange and use information to solve technical issues related to information support and services, interactive media, network systems, programming and software development, information security and other emerging technologies based on the selected area of study.
Graduates should qualify for employment in entry-level positions with businesses, educational systems, and governmental agencies which rely on computer systems to design and manage information. The program will incorporate the competencies of industry-recognized certification exams.
The Information Technology: Network Management program prepares students for employment supporting network infrastructure environments. Students will learn how to use technologies to provide reliable transmission and delivery of data, voice, image, and video communications in business, industry, and education. Design, installation, configuration, and management of network infrastructure technologies and network operating systems will be included in course work. Emphasis is placed on the implementation and management of network software and the implementation and management of hardware such as switches and routers. Students may find employment in entry-level jobs as local area network managers, network operators, network analysts, and network technicians. Students may also be qualified to take certification examinations for various network industry certifications, depending on their local program.
- Information Technology: Network Management, AAS
- Information Technology: Network Management Diploma
- Information Technology: Network Management Diploma Pathway
- Information Technology: Network Management Advanced Networking Certificate
- Information Technology: Network Management Advanced Networking Certificate Pathways
- Information Technology: Network Management Networking Certificate
- Information Technology: Network Management Networking Certificate Pathway
- Information Technology: Network Management Operating Systems Certificate
- Information Technology: Network Management Operating Systems Certificate Pathway
- Information Technology: Network Management Virtualization Certificate
- Information Technology: Network Management Virtualization Certificate Pathway
Please see the catalog for more information about the degree option in this curriculum.