The Valley Voice
Ideas Under Review
58. Invest in a Degree Audit Software product for use by the student (online registration) and/or Advisor
57. Include Adjunct’s in Monthly Recognition of Faculty/Support Staff
56. Replace the Galley with Fast Food Restaurant With More Selection/Better Prices
55. Allow faculty to teach at minimum two (2) extra courses each semester if enrollment need supports it
54. Assess Overall Student Learning Throughout Degree Earning Process: Use English 111 to declare a research thesis of their personal or vocational interest, assess over 2 years.
53. Add Traffic Light, Main Campus Startown Rd. Exit To Align With a Traffic Signal
52. Assign direct accountability for each page on the CVCC website to ensure the site is updated timely and consistently
51.Thorough audit of "technology needs" in the classroom & Consolidate Audio/Visual/IT Under Same Department Manager
50. Purchase a Golfcart (used) to transport students from Main to East campus
49. Develop Process to Only Email Perks and Incentives To Eligible Employees
48. Develop Process to Flag Students Committing Acts of Academic Dishonesty
47. Include Student Photo On Rosters To Put A “Face With A Name”
46.Transisition to a Online Only CVCC Catalog In Lieu of Print Copy
45. Potluck For PD Days, Each Department Bringing A Certain Type of Food
44. Develop Strategic Plan To Market, Fund, and Increase Skills USA Participation Internally/Community Idea
43. Create Quarterly Innovation Sessions To Brainstorm & Formulate Ideas
42. Create Monthly “What Works” Sessions For Cross-Department Best Practice Sharing
41. Publish Enrollment/Utilization Report By Department/Program Each Semester
40. Automate Process To Obtain NC Live Password
39. Create Student Ambassador Led On-Demand CVCC Tours for prospective students/families
38. Create a simple document that outlines/explains the salary hierarchies
37. Develop Purchasing Process To Assess/Provide For Needs of Students With Disabilities Additional
35. Create Open Forum for Faculty/Staff Opinions, Discontinue Using CVCC-ALL
34. All Employees, including part time should have an annual review.
33. Create and Maintain a Mechanism to Track and Gather Data on CVCC Alumni
32. Create Annual Faculty & Staff Recognition Day
31. Create and communicate a process for video request.
30. Update R25 System to include Tarlton Complex
29. Mail dropoff & pickup locations throughout campus (by floor or building)
28. Create Creative Services Department, centralizing design, printing, branding for the college
27. Review Staffing of Marketing Team Due To Increasing Demand
25. Review Employee Salary Allocations For Equitable Distribution
24. Review Security of Paperwork Containing Personal Identifiable Information
23. Implement Automated Call Routing System
22. Increase Faculty/Staff Professionalism-Eliminate Profanity Use With/In Front of Students
21. Synchronize Clocks Across Campus To Prevent Faculty/Student Tardiness
20. Create and Enforce Professional Dress Code Standards For Employees
19. Required Publishing of Agendas & Meeting Minutes Within 3 Days Pre/Post Meeting
18. Place Pay Per Use Fax in Bookstore For Students
17. Create a Soccer Team, Utilize Soccer Field
16. Employee Required Computer Competency & Profiency Testing
15. Part Time Pay Administration Transition To HR from Admins
14. Enhance Job Decriptions For Specific Roles/Departments
13. Create Required Comprehensive New Hire Orientation
12. Communication Policy For Awareness of Deceased Students
11. Implement a Safer Pedestrian Sidewalk System
10. Require Employees to Wear Name Badges/ID's.
9. Require All Instructors to Utilize Blackboard for Posting Grades
8. Create Safety & Security Standard Messaging-Develop and train on standard messaging to provide clarity on delayed starts, early closure etc. to provide clarity to employees and students.
7. Implement “Community Hour” -Set a block of time where no classes are scheduled. Time can be used for development, team buildings, and meetings.
6. Utilize MyServices to Keep Attendance Electronically-Cease printing temporary and permanent rosters; utilize technology and save cost. Partner with other colleges currently utilizing this functionality.
5. Pursue Grant Funding from BB&T’s Charitable Foundation-BB&T has given millions of dollars in grants to teach the fundamentals of capitalism.
4. Require Employee Pictures on Email-Help CVCC employees feel more connected.
3. Increase Part Time Employees Pay-Develop a formula to compensate part time employees for time spent out of class prepping, grading, developing class.
2. Electronify Class Withdrawal Process-Utilize My Services/Datatel to process changes. Save cost of labor and supplies. Partner with other community colleges executing this process as best practice.
1. Outsourcing Non-Core Related CVCC Functions-Strategically outsource or consolidate functions, goal to cut cost (personnel, labor, and equipment) by capitalizing on economies of scale.